Thank YOU for your support
Steve Duck is one of your Town of Sidney Councillors.
As a resident of Sidney for over a decade, Steve has been continually active in the community and its well-being, contributing in many ways to make our Town a better place.
- Sidney Community Association President and Past-President 2014-2022;
- Cycling Without Age Society, a Sidney-based charity, founder and President 2017-2022;
- Sidney Covid Recovery Task Force member 2020;
- Sidney Summit on Habitat and Environment co-founder 2018;
- Sidney cultural events development and delivery – Shakespeare in the Park, Pumpkins on the Pier, Radio Sidney shows 2012-2021;
- Mary Winspear Centre Foundation Board Vice-President 2013-2018;
- The Sidney Business Improvement Area project manager 2012-2013;
- Destination Sidney founder and chair 2012-2014;
- Sidney mayoral candidate 2014.
As the Principal of TIDES Group, a business management company for over 41years, Steve is an accomplished leader, mentor and facilitator who encourages people and organizations to design and develop their potential. Across public, private and non-profit sectors, he works with individuals and teams to establish strategic vision and adapt to the ever-changing environment. Steve specializes in the fields of tourism and agriculture as it evolves into Agritourism. As the Manager, Business Operations at the Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture, Steve is supporting the stewardship of biodiversity, fostering growers and engaging the community in food security and sustainability as well as land rehabilitation for climate mitigation. Recently, Mr. Duck also assisted in the establishment of Cascadia Seaweed Corp, seaweed farmers growing human food and agrifeeds that make a positive impact on people and the planet. He provided start up daily management of financial transactions, human resources and office services.
Steve continues to be actively involved in many projects on the Peninsula supporting climate action management through participation in the Saanich Peninsula Environmental Coalition; coordinating “You Are What Your Eat”, the tri-municipal symposium on Peninsula food security and sustainability; direct climate change mitigation on the Sandown Lands; and, advocating for more tree and green space in our urban areas to assist in managing climate change impact.
Prior to Sidney, Steve was a resident of Victoria, Calgary and New York. He is a graduate of the University of Victoria with a BSc in Human Performance (Honours), holds a business management certificate from Mount Royal College and tourism management certificate from Malaspina College.
Share with your Sidney friends, neighbours and colleagues letting them know Steve Duck and Council colleagues: LISTEN, ENGAGE, ACT.
Photo Credit: Tracey Farrington